Friday, May 9, 2008

Not much traveling....

Well, the traveling court reporter hasn't done much traveling this month. I've stayed local - spent some time at the NC Business Court reporting motions hearings. I attended an interesting Case Management Session in Vance County last Friday.

Next week, though, will be fun. I'm headed south to Moore County (think: Golf - that's where Southern Pines and Pinehurst are located) to spend the week reporting the criminal session of superior court. I'm told - but there's no guarantee - that I'll get transcripts. However, meeting the different folks in the courthouses makes this job so much fun.

Driving 90 minutes one way, though - considering I'm north of Raleigh - in rush hour should be a challenge. The truck has just gotten an oil change and tire rotation, so we're ready to go.

Woo-hoo. I wonder if I should try to play a round of golf... well, probably not since I've not played any golf since I was 15 years old. But I bet the area will be beautifully lush.

No comments:

Post a Comment