Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Holiday Break, New Year, Goals.

Well. It's been a while since I've posted. Guess you could say it's been a busy holiday season. Thanksgiving week saw me in a trial, then with visitors; December was chock-full of assignments and more visitors. Now it's January and all I can say is - Hallelujah! I'm tired of celebrating. Really. It's hard work being "on" all the time.

Frankly, being "on" as a reporter has been a relief now that I'm back to work. I'm in my comfort zone, as it were. I know what I'm supposed to do and how to do it. I know my place. Family get-togethers are mine fields. Not just with emotions and egos, but food and gifts. Ack.

What are your goals for 2010? I've got a few:

  • exercise 4x a week, at least, for 30 minutes or more (this is a sedentary job - this is really important!)
  • eat healthier meals and try not to go out more than twice a week (this means all meals, two total out). I've started to eliminate processed sugars/flours from my diet. Agave nectar is great in coffee - and Ezekiel bread is VERY tasty and full of fiber
  • get realtime certification. this is the year! (RVR test is at the end of February...)
  • keep in touch with friends (keep me honest, here and on Facebook, emails, boards)

What do you think? Can this be the year we maintain our goals until it's time to make new ones? I'm game. It's just a matter of knowing what your job responsibilities are, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment