That said, I'm back. I've had interesting work and health issues going on for the past few months and I think we're about back on an even keel. I hope.
In a nutshell, here's what I've been up to:
- Tried to join a health club, needed doctor's permission, which led to all kinds of doctor appointments and a surgery to come the end of June. But I did get the gym membership
- Got assigned a new "baby" reporter to mentor and got to meet her in Vegas for a training course and then see her again in her home state (California)
- Picked up another NC Innocence Inquiry Commission hearing to report/transcribe
- Scoped in daily copy several big cases
- Trained a friend on how to do what I do; trained a reporter on how to use the voice technology
- Supported a friend on a life-changing venture
- Did a training session for myself (in my favorite venue, Vegas)
- Had an actual vacation with my husband in San Francisco
No wonder I've not been around! Wow!
And on my plate now:
- Research into the Associate of Spanish Language program at Wake Tech
- Practicing for the realtime tests for voice and steno
- Continue to mentor the new reporter AND new scopist
- Have surgery and heal up well
- Plan for the next trips, wherever they may be
- Work on a sales pitch for a travel program (this is cool)
- Work with a deck builder on designing a lovely space for our backyard
But I promise that I'll get back here more often.
And I'll also delve into each of the items above individually. It's definitely been a "life lesson" on several of them!
Until then... Happy Memorial Day and, if you're military or military family, THANK YOU.