Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Facebook-less.

I have had my Facebook account turned off for about five days now.  In that time I've been tweeting, I've signed up for Foursquare (see what I mean about addictive personality?), and I updated my LinkedIn profile.  I've also driven to an RV center to do a test-drive of the rig that my husband and I want to purchase.  I've done all kinds of housework (purging).  I've even made dinner.

But I really do miss my friends.  I've had a couple contact me and ask what happened; some knew, and others were informed by a few close friends what's going on.  I may - may - decide to log back in this weekend.  I have a fantastic girls' weekend planned with some reporters from Ohio and Illinois, and I may need to post pictures, etc.

What I can say is that I was productive - though I didn't have quite the page volume to really say SHUT IT DOWN - and I did find things to distract myself when I needed a work break.  I watched a movie with my husband and basically shared time with him that I might have spent listlessly reviewing my Facebook page.

Politics isn't going anywhere, nor is religion.  But I have a sense that I'll be revamping my privacy sections a lot in the future.  For now, I'll be offline, possibly checking in on Foursquare.  And I'll be working on my backlog pages too.

No comments:

Post a Comment