Saturday, September 27, 2008

Civil Trials

Now, traveling is something I love to do. I was assigned to Greensboro all week last week, and I decided to commute. Not a GREAT drive, but a little under 90 minutes each way.

I was not assigned to pleas. Nor was I assigned to criminal court. The reporters in Guilford County, bless them, assigned me to a big civil case. I love civil. It was construction. I love construction.

Great attorneys. Wonderful clerk. Fabulous - record-conscious - judge. I had a FANTASTIC WEEK! And, I even get to produce a transcript.

I just wish I were going to be able to hear "the rest of the story" - but I'm not assigned there this week. I'm going to have to find out from the reporter taking over what the jury thought.

This is a pretty fun job, I gotta say!

No comments:

Post a Comment