Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Don't Procrastinate

Just because you have 60 days (or however many) doesn't mean you have to use them all. There's nothing worse than having something looming over your head; it puts a damper on everything else you're doing.

I spent last weekend producing a transcript for which I'd requested not only a 30-day extension, but an additional 30-day extension from the Court of Appeals. The notice of appeal came in right before Thanksgiving, and then there was not only that holiday, but the Christmas season as well (with the attendant company). By the time I could start working on it, I only had two weeks to produce. So I asked for an extension. Then because of my court scheduling, I realized that was going to need another.

Finally I buckled down and got the majority of the pages done and off to proofreaders (yes, that is plural) and produced the final pages with nary a day to spare. I feel so relieved. And exhausted. But now I don't have anything hanging over my head saying, "You should be working on me instead of (insert activity here)" anymore. There is nothing better than that feeling of accomplishment.

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh. Now I may enjoy the spring weather in NC.

No comments:

Post a Comment