Friday, March 19, 2010

Be Careful What You Wish For.

My happiness in being nominated to the board has been tarnished. Because of my current method of reporting, my fitness is being called in to question. Additionally, there are questions about a so-called 'umbrella' organization.

Man. Now I'm being asked to make a decision on a hypothetical situation that may or may not occur.

NCRA is a stenographic reporting organization. I consider myself a stenographic reporter by training, and a voice writer through injury (but am good at both). The bylaws specifically state that the association is to focus on the advancement of steno reporting. How does one answer but to say, "I will follow the constitution and bylaws"? Unless and until they change, it's a moot point. Isn't it?

I'm not even sitting - and the election is in August - and it's starting already?
Apparently I live in interesting times.

No comments:

Post a Comment