Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Priorities and Politics

It's hard to balance your deadlines and priorities to begin with in this profession. We have transcripts to get out, attorney phone calls to return, bills to collect, families to run... and then you add the politicking into the mix and it all goes haywire.

Trying to make sure that the membership knows who you are is hard work. Getting in touch with the webmasters/mistresses, newsletter editors, state leaders, is time consuming. Answering questions, developing sales brochures (try that one - selling yourself in ONE PAGE is tough!), and getting them done right - or at least coherently - takes time.

Today I've had a challenge; two deadlines for political stuff and a couple of transcript requests that I really need to work on. I allocated set times for each of the projects, but it's 7:30 and I've yet to finish one of the articles and dinner is but a figment of my imagination.

The good news is that this too shall pass. And I guess that's something we all need to remember. Life gives us challenges and sometimes we have a lot on our plates; time continues to move forward and our burdens lessen. So we need to keep our heads high and our attitudes positive and remember that one day, even this will be a memory.

But for now, I've got an article to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment