Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Performance Evaluation

Most people really get nervous when they see that they're up for their performance evaluation.  I admit, I was a little nervous myself.  I have a new supervisor and I didn't know what to expect.

The good news is, if you do your job and do it well, with a good attitude, it does shine through.  It's hard sometimes to be a cog in a wheel, but that's part of who we are in our criminal justice system.  That means meeting deadlines (which I do) and communicating well with others involved (which I also do!) to make sure that the wheels of justice continue to turn smoothly.

We all have things that we can do better and improve upon.  For me, my goals are to become realtime certified in both methods and to start providing realtime for the bench and, hopefully soon thereafter, to the parties.  I write for myself every day; that's not the problem.  So my "growing" experience for my supervisor for next year will be to have jumped that next hurdle.


So always do your best because you never know who is watching.  It may be your supervisor.  It may be a potential client who sees how you handle difficult situations and approves of your professional demeanor.  Either way, how you perform your job reflects on all of the people around you and your fellow professionals.

How did you do on YOUR performance evaluation today?

No comments:

Post a Comment