Saturday, November 13, 2010

Looking back and being thankful

This weekend is the first board meeting of the newly seated NCRA Board of Directors.  You know, the one I was NOT elected to serve on?

I think back, yet again, to the doors/windows of my past posts.  I'm currently in the midst of preparing an appellate transcript of close to 2,000 pages.  This weekend I'm planning on spending most of my time in front of the computer; had I been elected to the board, I'd have lost all this time for my production.  Of course, one could say, "But, Tori, you'd have planned for that and your scopists could have done more of your editing," and that might be true.

Nonetheless, I'm here, working on what needs to be done for MY career, not necessarily in furtherance of the profession, per se; but I'm making a difference where I need to for the moment.  I'm good with that.

I hope the Board has a very productive meeting up in the DC metro area; I know I'll be productive here in Wake Forest.  All is as it should be and I am thankful for the small blessings of unanswered prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment