Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy 2011

As you may have noticed, the month of December held NO blog posts from me.  It felt that I was too busy to breathe sometimes.  Transcripts, guests, parties, shopping, you name it.  I found that all of my time was consumed by December and that I had little time to myself.

The upside was that on the night of the total lunar eclipse, since I was up working, I was able to take a few short breaks to watch the eclipse that occurred on the winter solstice; something that won't happen again in my lifetime.  It was beautiful.  Even though I was exhausted, I finally got a little down time to just be quiet and be.

A year ago I posted my resolutions for 2010.  I didn't do all that well with them, although I have managed to eat a bit cleaner and take some classes.  I'm still not realtime certified and I definitely did not stay on the exercise regimen.  Though some of these will stay on my list, I think the real thing I resolve to do is this:  Live for ME.  Do what is best for ME.  To not worry about other people's opinions and instead be guided by my moral and ethical compass at all times and to not become a doormat.  Restraining a giving/helping nature will be hard, but in the end taking care of myself will need to come first.  I think all the rest will follow.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful and insightful and healthy 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment