Saturday, January 22, 2011

Take care of your equipment!

I have tendonitis.  Some days it's worse than others.  Lately, I think I may also be developing CTS.  My pinky was a little numb the other day.  I get a massage every two or three weeks.  I sit appropriately at my chair, with the machine in the right location.  But perhaps it's not enough.

Fortunately for me, I am multi-skilled; I can report in voice.  Of course, in the winter, that could be a difficult thing if one had a cold.  Fortunately, at this moment I don't.  I'm getting ready to go into a two-week trial.  I can't write it.  My arms hurt too much.  I can voice it.

I'll be taking salt baths, downing anti-inflammatories, and getting a massage next weekend.  But right now, all I can say is I'm very glad I made the decision to cross-train.  Otherwise, I might have to take sick time and lose out on a very lucrative civil trial.

Be careful out there.  The equipment you're born with is all you get.  Take care of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment