Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Hacked?

Man.  I woke up today to a post on my Facebook page that my email had been hacked.  Great.  My passwords are very long.  I just  hate that these people do this with impunity.  I mean, who knows who got a "bad" email from me? 

I've reset my passwords - and they're really long and nothing someone would guess.  But really?  REALLY?  Welcome to the Brave New World that Aldous Huxley warned us about.  Some days I think, hmm, might it be better to be off the grid?

I'll regain my equanimity in a bit, but doesn't it just make you mad that you spend so much of your life using the tools of the Internet and someone who has nothing but time on their hands and malice in their heart can affect your work and your life with absolutely no effect on them? 

Change your passwords, folks.  Update the spyware/malware/antivirus stuff.  And as they used to say on Hill Street Blues, Be safe out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment