Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Weekend Recharge

Okay, technically it was four days.  I went to Vegas on Thursday and came back on Sunday night (very late - actually, it's considered Monday morning, very early).  I didn't take a page of work.  Didn't take my software key.  I pawned a couple hundred pages off on my scopists and told them to have a great time working while I took a much-needed breather.

I went alone.  Did only things I wanted to do.  This included dinner at the Bellagio buffet (never did it before - it's awesome), breakfast at Mon Ami Gabi (Paris) on the patio watching the pedestrians, a day at the Canyon Ranch Spa, a show (David Spade - only there for Fri/Sat - got VIP pass), visited with old friends, had dinner at Bouchon (Thomas Keller of French Laundry fame), played slots like a crazy person, stayed up late, slept in.

In other words, I reveled in my freedom.  I feel so refreshed.  I have a lot of pages in the queue, with extensions (we know I don't like to get those) received and my scopists (yes, one of my babies is a CART provider with no summer school classes!) ready to crank the pages.  The light is there at the end of the tunnel and now, fully staffed and completely re-energized, I have full faith and confidence that I can and will meet every last one of those deadlines.

You're probably tired of hearing it, but I can't reiterate it too many times:  We work really hard and sometimes it's very important to just step away and do for ourselves.  This job is very stressful and we need to be sure to keep in balance, or get rebalanced, in any manner we can.

Thanks to Vegas, I'm back on track and ready to put those pages out.

No comments:

Post a Comment