Friday, September 9, 2011

Leaps of Faith

When I had the idea of scoping for court reporters after I left the State, I thought I'd just do Eclipse scoping.  That's the software I know well.  But then I got some contacts from colleagues with whom I've become friendly over the years, and they were looking for a scopist on THEIR software.  I am up to three different CAT (computer-aided translation) software systems now.

In addition to working on Eclipse (version 5), I will be using Stenovations' DigitalCAT and Stenograph's CaseCAT (version 12). 

When I was a scopist in the early '90s, I was scoping for a handful of reporters and producing about a thousand pages a week.  I have a feeling that I'll be doing at least that much in the upcoming months.  It's exciting.

I thank my colleagues for taking the leap of faith in trusting their work to me.  I hope to live up to your exacting expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment