Monday, January 23, 2012

Getting back in the swing...

The last post had to do with freelancing and the freedom we have.  So much freedom do I have that I took FOUR WEEKS off.  And now, for the past week, I'm trying to get back to 'normal' for me.

The cash flow is off, of course, but so is my body clock.  I had to let everyone know I'm back and ready to work.  Had to do all the little things that didn't get done while I was gone (my list is nowhere near finished, either) and get my paperwork back in order (hello, tax time!).

But I hit the ground running!  Took a dep on Friday, picked up two rush scope jobs, accepted two more dep dates from different attorneys (woo-hoo!) and scheduled all of this week.  The 1099s aren't done yet.  Neither is the one transcript that I need to get out.  (Lucky me, my client knew I'd be gone for a long time and wasn't in a rush for it; but it's going out today; colleagues, don't do this - it was DEFINITELY a special situation and a superspecial client.)

I'm glad to be home, sleeping in my own bed, working at my desk and not my mother's kitchen table in the RV.  Glad to have my stuff around me and my crazy life back.  There is no normal in a freelancer's life, but there certainly is familiar.  And the time off really does make you appreciate your freedom.  Back to work!

Happy freelancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment