Tuesday, January 24, 2012

1099 Time... Again

How does January 31 sneak up so quickly on me every year?

I mean, really.  Before Christmas I got all - and I do mean all - my personal bills in envelopes, tallied, and ready for just the last bills.  My BUSINESS stuff, well, not so much.  There's a pile there waiting to be filed.  And, of course, miscellaneous income 1099s and the business personal property tax filings are due 1/31 and 2/1, respectively.  Oh, my.

And, inevitably, my week before the due date is chock-full of work.  Daily copy stuff, regular transcription, my own reporting.  Somehow I will find a way to file all this stuff, run the reports, confirm my ownership of stuff.  But, really, couldn't we just wait until February 15th?  Is it too much to ask?

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment