Friday, September 21, 2012

Oops, I did it again

I got caught up in my life again.  I was going to try and do better, and I let myself (and you?) down.  I'm human.  Fallible.  Distractible. (able?)  SQUIRREL!

It's been an even more interesting summer than spring, but in a better way.  We've figured out most of my health issues and taken care of them surgically.  Of course now I'm on the other side of the surgery dealing with hot flashes, poor sleep, and Vitamin D insufficiency.  As Gilda Radner used to say (as Roseann Roseannadanna) "It's always somethin'."

My recovery period was a full eight weeks, which culminated in a trip to the NCRA annual convention in Philadelphia.  Had a good time - only did the social events - shared a room with three friends, ate at GREAT restaurants, explored a little, and got my 'mojo' back with regard to volunteering.

Dove right back in with my big workload (my clients were glad I was back, I guess) and I started to prep for the voice realtime test.  Apparently, however, my prep was insufficient, as I did NOT pass the exam.  Not only did I not pass, I actually did WORSE than I had the last time (w/out practicing?!  How does THAT happen?).

The next test is in October.  I've gotten my Dragon 12 upgrade.  I've set a RealtimeCoach practice schedule.  And I've got some depositions in which I can start to really practice in 'real' mode.  I want this.  it can be done - this I know; three people have passed the realtime test this year.  This is a good sign.  I wanna be one of the next group to do so.

So I'm back in the saddle with not only this project, but others:  working with the professor at Campbell Law School to have a 90-minute class with his 3L students on making a good record and working with court reporters; committee work for NCRA and NVRA; travel plans; and just all-round living and keeping up with my friends.

First things first, though; gotta get my Vitamin D today, so I'm going to sit on my deck and edit for a few hours.  One of the great benefits of my particular job within the profession.

I'll be better.  I will.  See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment