Monday, February 2, 2015

Diary of the busy court reporter...

I've never been that good of a diarist.  I can't tell you the number of little journals I've started, with all good intentions, only to flounder ten days, two weeks, a month into it.

Obviously, blogging is no different.  That 18 months have passed since I posted is mind-boggling. That said, I share a great part of my life on Facebook, which allows me to interact with reporters and other friends on a daily basis. Doesn't mean I shouldn't do this too. I just haven't.

The past 18 months have been full of revelations and changes. I'm no longer ONLY scoping. I am working as a reporter/manager for my own firm with just a handful of excellent clients. I'm exhibiting at NC Bar Association events. I'm being asked to deliver presentations at regional and national training events. I reorganized my business into an LLC and am developing a new Web site. That's just the business side.

On the personal side, I've been working with an energy worker.  I have been through a considerable purge here at the house.  I've started to exercise for real - I competed in a triathlon last year and did the Disney 10K at Marathon Weekend just last month. Al and I celebrated 25 years of marriage last year.

All in all, it's been pretty fun the last 18 months. But I do need to blog more. I want to share more of my traveling court reporter stuff (Intersteno is in Budapest this year!) and my trainings in various locales (Deerfield Beach, FL, and Las Vegas!). There are always the trips in the new RV we got last year. And I've always thought I'd LIKE to be a travel writer, so, I really should get in the habit of it.

Next trip is Florida, this weekend. Maybe I'll post a picture from there, or even a blog post. It could happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment