Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Vegas and the Plane Day

I love Vegas. But I'm ready to go home. In a nutshell, though, here's what I noticed about Vegas since my last time here in March of '07.

Aladdin is no more - it's Planet Hollywood; Trump looks like it's up and open; Venetian opened its tower; and the City Center promises to be built by late 2009, and it looks stunning.

The food is, as always, incredible.

If you're a vodka fan, stop in at Red Square at the Mandalay Bay; several hundreds of vodkas in stock, and their claim to fame is the Red Square Martini (I didn't have it; instead I had the Red Dawn). I had a fantastic lobster bisque and then a tuna tartare, finishing it off with the Anastasia's Dream martini (chocolate liqueur, vanilla vodka, Chambord... and something else.) - YUM.

Sushi Pop was the lunch venue. I can't come to Vegas without having sushi.

Of course, Mom and I ate at the Burger Bar on Monday afternoon. They specialize in the burger - angus, buffalo, kobe, turkey, or veggie - with all the trimmings.

Wednesday will see me finally at home, doing laundry and posting the Vegas photos.

For now, I'm tapping away here in the airport, waiting for the flight home. (Leaves here at 11:20 a.m. - 2:20 p.m. EDT; arrives in RDU at 6:40 p.m.) I'm going to read on the plane, maybe nap, and hopefully get my brain back in "Work" mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment