Sunday, September 20, 2009

It figures...

You know, the fun thing about this profession is it's always a challenge, something "new and different" and sometimes just plain ironic.

All last week, my spouse was out of town. I was in town. Next week, my spouse is home. I, however, am assigned out of town for the entire week. Now, Greensboro isn't too far, but 90 minutes each way makes for a long day. But I want to come home. (did I mention having transcripts in volume? who knew?) And now I have to come home because of all the work I have to get done.

Then there's the thought that I was going to work on my voice model. I finally got my new laptop computer to use with Dragon Naturally Speaking, I have my new "whisper mic" mask, and I wanted to start practicing my voicing. You think a week of court might be jumping straight into the fire? Maybe so. DRAT! I so want to get started, but I think five days of six-plus hours might be too much.

I guess we'll just play it by ear. Who knows, I might end up with a civil trial and I will have the time to work on it. If I end up in criminal court, perhaps not. I'm going to have to have all my toys in the car, just in case.

What I'm saying is, I'll have to be prepared for anything. Which, in this career, is a good thing. We're always called upon at the last moment, and we have to be ready to put our best foot forward and be the stellar professionals we are. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment